Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Grandma's Bon Bon's

This recipe actually was from my wonderful friend, Lois Winjum. My Mom and I were visiting her one day and she served us these lovely Bon Bon's. My Mom was so taken with them that she began making them like they were going out of style. Everyone she knew rec'd Bon Bon's. Both Lois and my Mom are gone now, but every Christmas I have so many people tell me that they sure miss my Mom's Bon Bons. She truly became the Bon Bon Lady.


Bon Bons

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup chopped dates

1 cup walnuts or pecan

2 T butter


Mix together and shape into balls (1 T. per ball). Refrigerate 2 hours


Melt together, 1 cup choc chips and 1 cup butterscotch chips.

Roll balls in mixture. Place on cookie sheet and freeze until firm.

May be stored in freezer.


Makes about 25 Bon Bons

No comments: