Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sausage Brunch Bake

Here is my entry for "Pullet Surprise". Have been making this dish every Christmas for years. One year my husband said I am sick of the same old dish every year -let's have something new. I said OK. That year when my 7 kids came home for Christmas they all complained that we did not have the Sausage Brunch Bake - they said it was a tradition. From then on my husband never complained and we had it every year from then on. Neat thing is - now since my children are all grown with families of their own, we do not all get together on Christmas Day anymore, but when they call that day, everyone of them have fixed the Sausage Brunch Bake. To all their credit they have experimented and used different cheeses and other wonderful additions.

We always served our Breakfast Bundt Cake with this. All could be made ahead!!

This year there were only 3 of us together on Christmas Day and I halved the recipe and it came out fine.

Since I am a new blogger and just getting started, I do not have a camera yet. Boo hiss!! After seeing all your wonderful pictures - maybe I will ask for one next Christmas and will send you a late picture. It is really quite beautiful right out of the oven. Rather like a large golden souffle!!

Sausage Brunch Bake
1-1/2 Lb Bulk Pork Sausage
12 Beaten eggs
3 Cups milk
4 slices bread, torn up
2 cups shredded American Cheese
1-1/2 t. dry mustard
1 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
Brown sausage and drain. Mix rest of ingredients together and add to sausage. pour int0 greased 9"x 13" baking dish. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes or till nearly set in center. Let stand 10 minutes. Serves 8-12

No comments: